Can We Have Our Blimp Back, Please?

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Can We Have Our Blimp Back, Please?

Burnley Football Club yesterday launched their latest pre-match attraction then watched as vandals sent their matchday blimp soaring away into the Lancashire skies!

The Clarets had intended to raise the brand new blimp so it could be seen for miles around to promote match days.

0,,10413~3494729,00.jpg

However, within 90 minutes of its maiden launch ahead of the Championship game v QPR, mischievous youngsters wasted no time cutting through the reinforced tether.

Now Burnley officials are offering a reward for the safe return of the blimp, which can clearly be identified by the club crest and branding.

Burnley FC Facilities Manager Doug Metcalfe said: "The club is really trying to push match days with all sorts of entertainment and the blimp was a fun addition

"It certainly caught someone's eye quickly as it was only airborne for an hour and a half before somebody cut it loose.

"As a result we had to quickly call air traffic control to alert them of any potential problems.

"It was seen flying eastwards and we would really appreciate its safe return if at all possible as blimps do not come cheap!"

Anyone who finds the blimp should ring the club's media department at Turf Moor on 01282 704701.

If any information is received that leads to its safe return, the club will look to reward them with four VIP match day corporate tickets for a forthcoming game.

Could you keep an eye out for us please...

Birty

Gentleman Actor
Cast & Crew
My god there's some scope for amusement in this story isn't there?

Ok...I'll start.

I was going to volunteer some information until I saw the reward. 4 tickets to see the clarets? I'll keep my mouth shut.

Cop you wanker.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
:) :) :):)

This story cracks me up, as does needless vandalism sometimes, and this is a good one.

Its the "Can We Have Our Blimp Back, Please" title that makes it funny!

Up The Clarets... o_O

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
There's more from you Dingles...

Man caught in possession of stolen life-size sheep

A DRUG user who kept a stolen life-size sheep model in his living room did not try and pull the wool over police's eyes when they turned up at his home.

Burnley Magistrates heard how dad-to-be Terence Graham, 26, owned up to knowing the resin sheep had been pinched as he had read an article about it in the local newspaper.
http://www.lancashireeveningtelegraph.co.uk/display.var.1899348.0.man_caught_in_possession_of_stolen_lifesize_sheep.php

Joanna

Well, I hadn't found anything in that blimp story that could raise a smile (and 'mischievous youngsters' is a generous way of putting it, Cop!)...that is, until this bit..."...blimps do not come cheap!" Not entirely sure why I found that funny - but I did! :p

xx Joanna xx

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
[YT=Boys will be boys]1-ZorzMpYCU[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator: