Tony Wilson

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Yesterday Tony Wilson died of Cancer, he was 57. The guy was responsible for bringing some of my favourite bands into the public eye. He championed some of those that others wouldn't give the time of day.

A sad loss to the North West and in general.

Rest in peace Mr Wilson.

leader_of_the_fac_tony_wilson_450.jpg

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
here, here. I grew up following a lot of bands signed by wilson, factory records will allways be a big part of my youth, it's the end of an era! lost about two years of my life in my late teens following happy mondays, ha!

Strawbs

It's a sad loss. Loved the Madchester sound back in the day - still do - and without him it may never have been.

The film 24 Hour Party People was made as a tribute to the scene he wasn't only just part of but helped create and it now works as a tribute to him also.

LovelyLaura

A very sad loss :(

My older brothers were into the Madchester scene so I got into a lot of that sort of music when I was younger thanks to them.

Tony Wilson will be very sadly missed :(

George

I knew Tony Wilson and it's brilliant to hear these comments. I met him through a close friend of mine who was incredibly close to him and the comments make me chuffed for him as well as he will miss him dearly. It's a great thing that they made 24 Hour Party People when they did. He deserves to be a part of popular culture by being the subject of a British movie. He loved lyrics, was absolutely absorbed by them and was working on a project called Lyricity that as usual boring old gits wouldn't let get off the ground but of course that wasn't stopping him. Post your favourite Madchester lyrics!