Chris Finch in Waterloo Road

Chris Finch

Fragmental
Cast & Crew
Ha! I wouldn't say a decent bit of Chris! A couple of my scenes from tonight were cut...either because I was crap or to keep the run time of the ep down. hopefully the latter!!

The shots of me in the audience WERE filmed at exactly the same time as everything else so not sure why you guys thought they looked like they were shot at a different time. Roll on ep 15...a good one for me to finish on I think ;)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Strawbs said:
Missed it. :rolleyes:
I haven't actually watched WL since the HIV episode so I'm not exactly bothered about missing it really. Just a shame it was one with a decent bit of Chris in.
Your not missing much to be honest Strawbs. This weeks episode was about the teachers showing some VIPs around the school, for some reason the dumbass teachers (who thier collegues by there first name in front of the pupils for some reason?) decided to show the school production before it was finished (not just show a few musical numbers in rehursal, but the whole show, which was apparantly nowhere near ready)

Did anyone see the stage? some of the major theatre companies in London's West End would have been envious.... the props and costume was amazing... for a school production... what wasn't ready... in a run down school in a run down area....

Then, at the end everybody started standing up, clapping along with the music... I was sick everywhere. :)

When I watch Waterloo Road I sit there for an hour muttering "as if, as if, as if, as if" :)

Joanna

Chris Finch said:
A couple of my scenes from tonight were cut...
...The shots of me in the audience WERE filmed at exactly the same time as everything else so not sure why you guys thought they looked like they were shot at a different time.
When I was watching those shots, I wasn't thinking of when they were or weren't shot. For me, it basically came down to the show's editing. Obviously, I would of liked to have seen those cut scenes as part of the episode, but, since they were indeed cut, you consequently have to then make sure what you have kept all fits together properly. And those close-up audience shots of you did feel like they needed more to accompany them than what we got as both the episode opened and as we caught those glimpses of you in the audience. Nice to see, but those two shots had a very isolated feel to them. Er, and think I best leave it at that! I'm so full of Christmas cheer today! :rolleyes:

Michael said:
Chris is in every scene in Bar Stewards (cough) up till about the 15th minute :)
And even then it's only two scenes till he's back on-screen for a further 20 minutes.
Chris Finch said:
Roll on ep 15...a good one for me to finish on I think ;)
Hmm, think I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one! ;)

xx Joanna xx

EDIT: Just had a thought that those shots actually were sort of like very lingering subliminal messages that were slotted into the episode! Wonder what they were trying to tell us... ;) :eek:

Joanna

:eek: Okay, having rewatched those bits again, I'm not now thinking exactly the same on them! I mean, I can see why they were placed where they were, as they were both shown right after shots of Matt...Colin's boyfriend! However, apart from the fact they were originally meant to be viewed alongside more scenes of Chris/Colin, I think a lot of why they have that isolated and 'separate' feel for me is because of how little we've seen of Colin up to the point of this last episode. There's only been limited development of Colin throughout the series so far and so that then made these shots focusing on just him a bit 'inconsistent'. Hard to explain. Yeah, think I better stop digging now, shouldn't I?.... :eek: :p (Sorry, Chris!)

xx Joanna xx

Fran

Enjoyed last nights WR again, although I'm not sure that in this day and age 'they'd' be allowed to scare a pupil silly in a mock up prison, even if it was a good idea and for the little horror's own good. ;)

As for Martin turning up! Grrrrrr. :mad: Well I knew to expect him, but it didn't stop my blood boiling a little when I saw him, despite reminding myself while I seethed, that he's an actor in another part and not a real 'kick you when you're down' bar steward. :eek:lol

Poor Sean... at least he knows he did his job well, since most T&K fans still can't forgive Martin. Looks like his new character is going to cause more trouble - let's hope it's not trouble for Colin and Matt! o_O

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
I was saying "as if, as if, as if" then I rolled over laughter when that poncy drama teacher got hit with the chair by that prisioner!

Then I was muttering "as if, as if, as if" again, especially when I found out it was Waterloo Schools version of Beadle's About

That programme is guilty pleasure of mine, OK I admit it!

Strawbs

Fran said:
Enjoyed last nights WR again, although I'm not sure that in this day and age 'they'd' be allowed to scare a pupil silly in a mock up prison, even if it was a good idea and for the little horror's own good. ;)
As for Martin turning up! Grrrrrr. :mad: Well I knew to expect him, but it didn't stop my blood boiling a little when I saw him, despite reminding myself while I seethed, that he's an actor in another part and not a real 'kick you when you're down' bar steward. :eek:lol

Poor Sean... at least he knows he did his job well, since most T&K fans still can't forgive Martin. Looks like his new character is going to cause more trouble - let's hope it's not trouble for Colin and Matt! o_O
There was an episode of Waterloo Road bending the rules of reality?

There were actors in it that had appeared in other programmes before?

The actors in the show follow a script that have no baring on the actors' previous work?

My god! I'm seething.

:p

LovelyLaura

I was actually completely taken in by the prison mock-up, I thought it was really real and they really had taken the pupils on a school outing to a prison! :eek: My jaw dropped when it turned out that it was all fake....I should have known though, but I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake!! :rolleyes:

It's good to have Waterloo Road back, I've missed it!!

Joanna

BBC Press Office have now put up some information about episode 15 of WR (airing 7 February)...plus cast list ;) ...Ah, now it all starts to become a lot clearer... :) :eek:

xx Joanna xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
"Matt panics when his mother, Susan, announces she is arriving at his flat, and hurriedly removes all traces of Colin, as the school drama continues."

It looks like people are embarrassed to be seen with Chris in TV land too :) :cool:)

Strawbs

Cop said:
"Matt panics when his mother, Susan, announces she is arriving at his flat, and hurriedly removes all traces of Colin, as the school drama continues."
It looks like people are embarrassed to be seen with Chris in TV land too :) :cool:)
He's obviously got the wrong idea about 'seagulling'. He's supposed to do it outside. ;)

LovelyLaura

Thanks Joanna, not particularly looking forward to this storyline though....poor Colin having Matt remove all traces of him! :(

I'm interested in what reason Dominic has for writing anti-gay graffiti though....why it humbles Matt....

Joanna

Just seen THIS (pdf file link, btw) 'programme information' (covering 2-8 February) from BBC Scotland Press Office. It contains a version of the 'network tv' summary we've already seen of episode 15. And the summary is essentially the same, albeit worded slightly differently. However, to conclude the final bit on Matt (and Colin?), there's an extra line....

At home, Matt’s devastated his mother knows he’s gay, but can’t face reality. Matt now knows what he wants.

Perhaps a ray of hope for Matt and Colin's relationship...just perhaps...?

xx Joanna xx

Joanna

[yt='Next Time' trailer for episode 15...]KahqbxFqJWY[/yt]

xx Joanna xx

LovelyLaura

Thanks Joanna :) I am loving the 3rd series so much....I wasn't sure what it was gonna be like with Izzie, Andrew, Rimmer, Kim etc leaving, but I think it's really brilliant and I love all the new characters, especially Rachel and Eddie!

Looking forward to the next episode, looks like it's gonna be fab from the trailer....lol at Colin's reaction to the news that Matt has "kind of" cleared his stuff out hehehe! :D

Joanna

Aw, Matt and Colin stayed together. :) They really do make a lovely couple. And very good performances by the two Chrises, too.

Also liked the positive message in this episode about being proud of who you are. :)

xx Joanna xx

LovelyLaura

Another really fab episode tonight, this series just gets better and better! :)

I loved all the Matt and Colin stuff, especially their last scene together - awww, so sweet! I'm presuming that Colin said yes to Matt's proposal!! :D I was worried that it was all gonna go wrong aka Todd and Karl (damn you, Corrie! :mad: ) So I'm very pleased that it had a happy ending....for Matt and Colin anyway! I hope Matt's mum will come around to things eventually.