Christmas Podcast with Mike, Cop and... Finch!

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
We have managed to get it online before Christmas Day, which is in itself a small miracle. It's been put together very quickly so bear with the sound quality and with more time it could have been edited down.

osws2u.jpg

But it is what it is, our first Christmas podcast. It's a bit of an epic weighing in at 56 minutes featuring myself, Paul Coppack and a couple of cameo appearances from Chris Finch. Find out what's going on with Bar Stewards and the world of PSF, general rambling about nonsense and also about the sick preservation society. All in the festive Pleased Sheep Films Podcast.

Listen to it streaming here... (56 minutes)

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" id="pcpp" align="middle" height="30" width="170">

<embed src="http://www.podcastpickle.com/media/podPlayer/pcppSmall.swf?URI=http://www.pleasedsheep.com/podcasts/PodcastXmas200864kbps.mp3&instantLoad=0" quality="high" bgcolor="#F0F3F5" name="pcpp" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" align="middle" height="30" width="170"></object>

Or download it here at: http://www.pleasedsheep.com/podcasts/PodcastXmas200864kbps.mp3

Please note that there is uncensored bad language and sexual references.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Joanna

Managed to listen to it all through before going to Christmas Day beddy-byes...So, a few things...

+ My first mention...I'm sayin' (or should that be moaning?! ;) ) nuffin' :) ...My second mention...I did not say Band of Brothers was shit! Lol, Mike! :) ...My third mention...Me, a PSF God because I'm 'always there'...Hmm, should I feel flattered or annoyed by that?!... :confused: :)

+ Great that you mentioned wanting to see more of people like (me very good...and, sadly, VERY busy...pals!) Fran and Laura (who, yes, I can vouch for as being very very lovely indeed!). I'd also love to see them about more on here.

+ Aww no, poor Birty! That can't have been at all nice! I'd actually seen THAT video shortly before I then saw THAT post of "wiggy's". Knew straightaway it wasn't serious....and, actually, I had wondered what Birty would make of it!

+ Chris as a personal trainer...That had never entered my head, for some reason! Wonder how I can encourage Fran to listen to this podcast... ;)

+ Curtinparloe actually posted a couple of times on 'The Bench' thread the other day. :p

+ You said, Mike, that Joe O'Byrne had one pick-up line still to film...I'd thought he'd ended up not getting a final casting. Who's he playing in this? Can't wait to see him in Bad Lad and Lucky.

+ I know the podcasts are easy to find here...but I've now added a podcasts section to my (completist's!) guide!

+ Merry Christmas and thank you for the podcast!xx

wiggy

The Mastodon
Cast & Crew
just an update on birty, i have met with him since the tragic incident, i smoothed it out a little by informing him i had indeed been injured in the lakes by that falling rock resulting in a dislocated shoulder. we hugged as well, have you ever thought it would be good to be a fly on the wall at your own funeral so that you can see who is upset and who cared about you, well i can almost say i have and i must say birty was the only person who cared, so merry xmas my old friend, next time i do a reggie perrin i'll bring you in on it, i can only say this incident brought us closer, when ever we meet we both well up!

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Joanna said:
+ My first mention...I'm sayin' (or should that be moaning?! ;) ) nuffin' :) ...My second mention...I did not say Band of Brothers was shit! Lol, Mike! :) ...My third mention...Me, a PSF God because I'm 'always there'...Hmm, should I feel flattered or annoyed by that?!... :confused: :)
I was more meaning Chris's appearance being shit, as he's only in it very briefly. I didn't mean you literally said it, but I know that's what you meant.

And there's nothing wrong with being omni-present Joanna.

Joanna said:
+ Curtinparloe actually posted a couple of times on 'The Bench' thread the other day. :p
Our bit was recorded before he returned to the site. I think he's psychic.

Joanna said:
+ You said, Mike, that Joe O'Byrne had one pick-up line still to film...I'd thought he'd ended up not getting a final casting. Who's he playing in this? Can't wait to see him in Bad Lad and Lucky.
Tommy!

Joanna said:
+ I know the podcasts are easy to find here...but I've now added a podcasts section to my (completist's!) guide!
Nice one!

Joanna said:
+ Merry Christmas and thank you for the podcast!xx
You're very welcome. Keep listening and we'll keep making em'! Next one will be shorter but will hopefully include more people in the mix.

Dave Laurie

Haven't listened yet, but it's currently being downloaded (at a shockingly fast speed considering what time/day it is - maybe everyone is watching TOTP Christmas, or Her speech, or they've eaten too much and are now sleeping it off). And as an aside, I've managed to log in with my old password, so that's a bonus. Well it is for me at least, not sure if it's a bonus to anyone else.

Merry Christmas!

Birty

Gentleman Actor
Cast & Crew
Ha haa! Good listen chaps, riveting stuff Finchy. Just needed to clarify the Wiggy incident. I looked on the site to find Wiggy's missus had posted something, but there was only half a message that spoke of wiggy in the past tense. After seeing 3 relatives of mine die in the space of 3 weeks I got that awful foreboding feeling in my stomach. Tried to ring Wiggy, with no joy...feelings escalate. Tried to phone Booth, who wouldn't answer...Starting to panic a bit. Phoned Jon Williams to see if he could read anymore of the message but he gets the same as me and agrees that it doesn't look good.

Proper shit my pants at this moment and am contemplating stopping the wedding I am currently attending and organising some kind of makeshift wedding come search party featuring men in nice suits and women in even nicer hats...how weird would that have been? Decide to try Booth one more time before we release the hounds when he answers, only to tell me (beneath stifled laughter) that it's all some kind of fucking ruse!!! Well at this point I'm very relieved...relieved enough to phone wiggy back to fire some fucks into him and give him a verbal leathering in the kind of way a parent does who's child goes missing for 6 hours before turning up as if nothing had happened. That mixture of relief and anger.

So there you go, done like a kipper. As Morrisey once sang, "I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible".

Merry Christmas indeed Chief Wiggum.

Oh and Booth, it wasn't Sugar Puffs...it was, and still is Frosties. You don't need to put the sugar on them...it's already on each individual Frosty and that saves time.

Fran

Joanna said:
+ Chris as a personal trainer...That had never entered my head, for some reason! Wonder how I can encourage Fran to listen to this podcast... ;)
Well, to be honest, I can’t say the thought never entered my head! Lol

Thanks for the podcast and thanks to Chris for taking time out of his family festivities too…poor carol singers. :confused: :)

I’m sorry I’m not around as much as I used to be, but it’s nothing to do with lack of interest in Pleased Sheep, Bar Stewards or Chris’s career. (It’s all to do with being in a job that wears me out, plus some very annoying aches and pains I’ve managed to develop, which mean instead of coming home from work and going straight to the puter, I tend to collapse in a heap. o_O It’s really annoying!)

Anway, I do keep looking in when I can, and will try to make more of an effort in future!

When I thought about Christmas Day this year, I can honestly say I didn’t expect to spend it cooking Christmas Dinner for ELEVEN people (!) and follow that up with listening to a description of various people throwing up. :confused: .but..well, it was different! I just wish I could get the picture of a bird pecking at Cops ‘left-overs’ out of my head! :confused:

Have to say Mike, you’ve got a lovely voice and thanks to you both for clearing up why you were referring to me as a dog…I was flumoxed as to what I’d done to deserve that description for a minute! Said dog is looking very festive tonight..I bought him a Christmas bow tie. :)

Good Luck with all the bits you’ve still got to do on the film -I’m looking forward to seeing the results of all the PSF hard work of 2008 in 2009!

Hope everyone is having a very Happy Christmas. :)

pattyb

Standard Member
He he he that will go down in history at Booth Towers ha ha ha - that morning was a complete gem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joanna

(Christmas) Cheers, Mike. Joe gets himself about a bit, doesn't he?! :)

Michael said:
Next one will be shorter but will hopefully include more people in the mix.
Looking forward to it/'them' already. Think you and Cop have been doing a great job of holding them together (with a lil shout-out for the efforts of Cameo Chris). After all, rambling on and on like that takes particular skill! ;) :) Loving the sound effects, too.

(Hey there, Fran!)

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
Just realized that it sounds like I'm saying all you girls on the forum don't know what you're doing. I actually just meant the women-folk who are working on Bar Stewards. They can't sign up and don't understand how to write replies on here or manage their profiles. They don't know what they're doing. They really don't.

Edit: Ps, thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. Gives us stuff to talk about on the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strawbs

Man alive, I've been having all sorts of problems with this site today but they seem to be ok now. However, the podcast isn't working for me. I click on the link and nothing happens.

Any other way to hear it available?

Booth

Chief Bar Steward
Cast & Crew
No, the download is only an mp3 file so if you can play mp3's it should be okay. Just right click the link and download to your hard drive.

Does the pickle player not stream it when you click the play button?

Strawbs

Ahhh, it all makes sense now. Finally listened to it this morning. Very funny.

:)

And a thumbs up for the mini shout out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! :D