800 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
623.jpg

LovelyLaura

Yay, my horse came first in the Grand National!! :) :) Don't think I've won much money though cos I only put a quid on hahaha :)

Laura xx

Strawbs

Had another great day yesterday with you guys. Though, bit of a shame it was spoilt by certain difficult people [person]. Hope you're able to find another club for any future filming with a more accommodating manager. At least we got to relax in the pub afterwards...which was nice.

Saying that, the day highlighted what a slog this film has been to make. Some people think making films is glamourous but it's all fighting against time constraints, location limitations, budget and people being difficult for the sake of it. How the crew haven't gone completely mad over the last 2 years with everything that's happened I'll never know.

Anyway I'm glad I was able to make a contribution to the project, albeit a small one and largely involving me just shaking my arse to one of my favourite choooooons.

Wait, did I say filming was a slog? :) ;)

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Strawbs said:
Saying that, the day highlighted what a slog this film has been to make. Some people think making films is glamourous but it's all fighting against time constraints, location limitations, budget and people being difficult for the sake of it. How the crew haven't gone completely mad over the last 2 years with everything that's happened I'll never know.
Oh we have gone mad at times...

After I said goodbye to all the extras, I walked into the club, I think it was only Strawbs, curtainparloe, and the crew who were still in there. I remember asking if all the extras had gone... I then collapsed into a ball... screaming.

No, its not glamorous, but it totally baffles me how people can not be interested in what we are doing. Even if it's just to come up along to have a nosey, ask few questions or just to check up on progress... rather than snear.

I cant believe she didn't even pretend to be happy with us. Even when we were nice to her, being polite and friendly (like we genuinely are - all of us) she was still narky! I can't believe she can treat people like that?

I will explain more in my upcoming blog, but I hate people like her, I don't understand how she lives her life. Thing is, I know people who don't like me, and the feeling is mutual with them, but we still polite to each other, it's called respect and basic manners.

Anyway, it was good having you both up, and re-uniting me with an old college buddy too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Strawbs

Cop said:
Oh we have gone mad at times...
After I said goodbye to all the extras, I walked into the club, I think it was only Strawbs, curtainparloe, and the crew who were still in there. I remember asking if all the extras had gone... I then collapsed into a ball... screaming.
Well I was only still there as CP had volunteered to help pack the equipment up and I had to wait for him as I was kipping on his sofa. Obviously I would've fucked off home without so much as a by your leave otherwise.

Nooo, of course not. I had to have a proper handshake and goodbye to people after missing most them at the end of last week's shoot. Though it was slightly pre-emptive as we all ended up in the pub shortly afterwards anyway.

Cop said:
No, its not glamorous, but it totally baffles me how people can not be interested in what we are doing. Even if it's just to come up along to have a nosey, ask few questions or just to check up on progress... rather than snear.
I did chat to a couple just before we were called to the dancefloor and they seemed really interested in the process, though I didn't see them at the end so I don't know where they went. I know I held back a bit last week simply because I thought you were busy and didn't want to disturb you, maybe the extras this week felt the same.

Cop

Making Dreams
Cast & Crew
Strawbs said:
I know I held back a bit last week simply because I thought you were busy and didn't want to disturb you, maybe the extras this week felt the same.
I'm not having a pop at extras, everyone we have worked with last week, and on the shoot in general have been great...

The extras have been smashing, really enthusiastic about the film, it's been brilliant working with them. I was having a pop at horrible cow... again( :p )

Strawbs

Cop said:
I was having a pop at horrible cow... again( :p )
Ahh, of course. :confused:

2 nights on a 2 seater sofa and 2 five and a half hour coach trips in just over 2 days have frazzled my mind.

All day I've been singing Divine Comedy's song

in my head.

curtinparloe

You do know that's about the NHS, don't you? ;)

I had a great time, although I could see that you guys were up against it (which is why I volunteered my services in the first place!)

Glad I could help, and provided it doesn't clash with my meetings with Spielberg and Gilliam, just give us a shout if you need an extra bod.

Strawbs

curtinparloe said:
You do know that's about the NHS, don't you? ;)
I was going by its abstract meaning rather than it's literal one.

Work that one out! :)

Seriously, you can't travel on a National Express coach and not sing it. It's impossible. Like when you see sheep in the passing fields along the motorway. You have to say "SHIMPS!!" like Harry Hill or you're not normal.

W-why are your looking at me like that?

Strawbs

Sorry for the double post but I have to express this somewhere...

Singing contestants on The Weakest Link.

f*ck.

Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.